January 2016 is over and everyone seems very pleased to see the back of it. Most of us were skint, people were making half-arsed attempts not to drink (well done if you completed dry January) and the weather in the UK was predictably rotten.
But despite all the gloom and self-imposed misery, there were some inspirational travel stories.
Read on for the highlights. Continue reading
Inspired by the #take12trips challenge that has been popular with travel bloggers for the last couple of years, I have put together my own set of 12 travel resolutions for 2016.
For me #take12trips is too broad (I’m in an inspiration rut) so I focused on experiences rather than destinations.
In 2016, I want to:
- Take an internet-free trip
- Take a trip without a camera
- Sleep under the stars
- Go to a festival
- Take a trip alone
- Take a trip with a family member
- Explore my hometown like a tourist
- Visit somewhere new in the UK
- Visit somewhere new abroad
- Revisit somewhere
- Travel with hand luggage only
- Go on a super budget trip (£50 a day for everything)
So although I don’t have any definite plans for 2016, this list should get me going!
What have you got planned this year? Are you taking the #take12trips challenge?